Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Summer Conversations :)

Introduction of character AK47- One of the funniest in class, he was named after the rifle for...I don't remember why!
My 'gang'- STARS: Sakshi, Tasneem, Ritu- was known for...umm...monkey business...and targeting the ones who would be easy to 'fight' off! 


We punctured AK47's bicycle tyres whenever we had a chance of escaping from class during school hours. Of course, we also sneaked out through the back gate to buy Pure Magic biscuits, but that was when we were hungry for food, not for mischief. Not that it (puncturing bicycle tyres) was a bad thing; he lived a couple of kilometres away and could afford to walk home once in a while...but if it rained...not much risk of acid rain back then?! Comforting enough! 


Hiding at close-quarters to see his reaction, the look on his face- stunned at the sight of his collapsing, 2-inches-shorter bicycle- was totally worth the effort!!! Watching his acceptance of fate- his chin drooping into his neck, satisfying himself with one shout at only-he-knows-who, smiling sheepishly and walking with his equally depressed cycle- the part of us feeling sorry for him was also secretly laughing!!!


We were never caught...well not until the Principal showed up, and 
1st time- Sakshi and I hid in the school bus, when the Principal, standing on his toes, peeped in and asked us what we were doing...it was like he had video cameras to track us three!


2nd time- My friends had the sense to run away while I stood there trying to explain to sir that we were just admiring all the cycles (quite believable, considering that we had traces of cycle-tyre-dust on our skirts). 
What surprised us was how AK47 found out that it was 'us'!!! A flaw in the plan. But nothing stopped us from our mischief!


Forward sent from AK47
AK47: This summer, temperature will
            cross 45 degrees celsius.
            Many birds die due to lack of water.
            Please keep a bowl of water in your balcony/terrace.
            Please do forward.


Me (annoyed that I was being disturbed while studying comparatifs francais): Go and keep a bowl of water first
(thinks- "instead of forwarding texts and disturbing me")


AK47: I already kept a bucket re.


Me: :D (laughs) Is that poor bird supposed to bathe or drown?


AK47: I arranged a straw also.


Me: One straw in a bucket...! Nice :) Were you a bird in your previous lifetime?


AK47: What were you re in your previous life?


Me: ...Hey can I put up this conversation on my blog? I won't mention your name!


AK47: Ah permission granted. Mention my name

(AK47 thinks- "might as well say something extra if she's putting up all this on her blog")

Hang a glass with a chain on the bucket and keep a signboard stating- "drinking water strictly for birds; others are prohibited"


Me: (thinks- the things people will say when they're getting a little publicity!)
I'm giving you a pseudonym. Pay me Rs. 1000/- if you want your name.


AK47: Haha...(nervously)...It's ok re, I don't like publicity. Don't mention my name


Me: Tu es oiseaux?


AK47: French- you are learning, not me


Me: Are you a bird?


AK47: Yeah, presently on your terrace


Me: Go jump into the bucket!


No comments: